Friday, April 1, 2011

Why Do We Show 'Boobs' So Much?


This question actually came up in conversation recently with a family member of mine.

"If you want to be 'Big Time', why don't you follow the 'Big Time'? You don't see Hollywood Horror movies with 3 minute sex scenes?"

True. All True.

The reason is pretty simple, as I explained it. First, I'm not trying to be 'Hollywood'. In any way.

The reality, is I don't have the budgets that 'Hollywood' has. So, I can't offer my audience the things that 'Hollywood' can. I can't afford big name movie stars, giant locations, snazzy digital effects, sweeping music scores by pop artists, or an extra couple of million dollars for a sound mix at SkyWalker Sound, or to have Pietro Scalia cut my action sequences.

There are so many things that I CANNOT offer our audience, so instead I offer them the things that 'Hollywood' can't. I'll show you the blood, and the gore, and the rape scene, and I'll let the sex  play out for 3 minutes. I'll give you a good long look at her ass for no apparent reason. 

Welcome to 'Indie Film'. 

GMD Films disappeared for a while, because frankly, we had other shit to do. 

But we're back, and we're better than ever with a slate of new productions for the Summer and Fall. This will be my "Official Production Blog" where I'll fill you in on the details of our productions from pre-production thru release. 

Our next 'Big Thing' is a thriller called "Blood of Ohma" which attempts to offer another explaination for what "Big Foot" might actually be. It's being shot in 3D and stars Marie Madison, Mark Cray and Larry Laverty. 

Also on our Board is a new TV Series for MaddyGTV called "War Dogs" that is about illegal and underground MMA fights. The scripts for the First Series where just delivered, so you'll be hearing more about this as we head into pre-production. 

And there's more... but I'll save the gooey details for future blogs.

- Paul Gorman
GMD Films


No comments:

Post a Comment