Saturday, July 16, 2011

"Blood of Ohma" Resumes Production

Stolen From The Physical FX Department
If you've following me on Facebook the last week, you know I spent the last four days at 'The Lab' working on the life sized 'dead horse' prop with the Physical FX team.

Hopefully, no one thought I was actually doing this thing myself. In fact, I didn't even design it. I worked this week carving, and bending PVC, mixing resen and laying in fiberglass. The picture above is the prop in it's early stage. I said I wasn't going to offer any 'spoilers' but I figure if you are among the couple hundred people reading this blog, you deserve a little something.

The 'dead horse' is done, with the exception of 'detailing' which is the finishing touches of paint, blood, and the gore associated with this particular shot. I figure you'll see this thing on screen for about 10 seconds in the final movie, but it's going to be worth it, once you understand what really killed this horse.


3D Still - French Creek Valley Trading Post

On Monday the 18th, Principal Photography resumes on "Blood of Ohma" at The French Creek Valley Trading Post in Waterford, PA. We'll be introducing Jody's family and hearing a bit about the Native American Legend of 'Bigfoot' as told by Kaya, who will be played by Seneca Shongo. I'm excited to work with her again. You remember her as "Delia" in "House of Bedlam".

Our 'Day Two' was scheduled on Tuesday, but due to a weather forecast that could quite literally ruin our day, we've decided to contense the two days and shoot 'Day Two' in the after noon.

We'll be heading out to our primary shooting location in Pleasantville, PA. where we'll film what happens to Jody's family during their first encounter with Ohma.

Story Board 13 - "Camping With Ohma"
I know I said I wasn't releasing any more storyboards, but again... 'membership' has it's privledges.

The 'Drum' Prop is an intricate part of the story, and we've been able to score a beautiful piece that is actually the 'real deal'. Hand made by a Seneca Shamen 30 years ago and used in actual Native ceremonies.


Wicked cool, and with thanks to New Hope Ministries for their very generous contribution to the film.

So we're off to run down the monster. I'll do my best to keep up with the blog and fill you in on the progress with news and photos from the set. The film will be documented by set photographer Ron Vollentine. Be 'friends' with him on Facebook as he'll be uploading select shots.

The week of July 25th, Larry Laverty arrives in town along with Mark Cray and Angelina Leigh, and we'll be shooting the heaviest parts of the film. Stay tuned, there's a lot more in store.

- PG

No comments:

Post a Comment